This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children, unless we have agreed this with you.
WHO WE ARE
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any data about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identifiers has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- contact dataincluding billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers;
- technical dataincluding internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
- usage dataincluding information about how you use our website, products and services; and
- marketing and communications data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We will not send you unsolicited marketing information without your consent, and we will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Farmamondo of companies for marketing purposes.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via letter, email or text message, or where we are processing your sensitive personal data.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us that we are required to retain as a result of any product/service purchase or other transactions.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above:
- other companies in the Farmamondo that may be based inside and outside of the EU and that may carry out centralised administrative and reporting activities as processors and joint controllers;
- External third parties such as:
- Service providers acting as processors based inside or outside the EEA who provide outsourced services such as IT and system administration services;
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based inside or outside the EEA who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services; or
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based inside or outside the EEA who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; or
- Regulatory authorities such as the MHRA.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
HOW SECURE IS MY DATA?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.